At this time the event will move on while we pay close attention to further developments and progress with containment. Based upon new information from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, we may make modifications to ensure you are not vulnerable to inadvertent exposure by deciding to switch the event as a Virtual Run where you would cover the distance at a local park or trail on your own or with a smaller group to support the cause. We would still follow-up by mailing you the T-Shirt and provide a Finisher Medal to you if we are unable to congregate in a larger group as this event. On behalf of the beneficiary and event organizers thank you in advance.
CHANGES TO SUPPORT SAFER EVENT PARTICIPATION
On behalf of our beneficiary partners, thank you for supporting us either as a Sponsor, Virtual Runner or by attending the event in-person. As we all resume participating at various run/walk and wellness festivals managed and operated by Aztlan Athletics, our goal is to make it as safe as possible. Once the municipality and designated county officials lift the restrictions on being able to operate medium to large size events. We are taking the following additional steps to ensure you safely enjoy the event with family and friends:
1. We will place additional hand wash stations at the event site, including sanitizers on tables along the route.
2. Those who have registered for the run will have the option to pick up a protective mask to use at the start, during the event, and take home. We plan to recycle the masks by using a designated FDA / CDC approved sanitizing company to refurbish each mask that is returned.
3. At registration, we will stagger the lines further to ensure there is adequate distance between the participants picking up their bib and t-shirt per the recommendation of CDC at the time of the event as these physical distancing guidelines might change over time. This includes having Aztlan Athletics staff to oversee the area.
4. At the finish line, create several “Finish Shoots” to help create proper physical distancing when collecting Finisher Medals.
5. Install signage reminding participants of the distancing guidelines while enjoying the event safely.
6. Provide goody bags for registrants to use when collecting sponsored items from exhibitors.
If you have additional suggestions as we move along into next year, feel free to provide your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
South Pasadena Tiger Run 5K/10K Run/Walk
On the first Saturday in December, the annual Tiger Run 5K/10K Run/Walk takes to the beautiful tree-lined streets of the historic city of South Pasadena!
Student Fundraiser Pancake Breakfast Only $5.00
100% of the proceeds benefit the extracurricular activities, clubs and teams supported by the South Pasadena High School Booster Club. Bring your family and friends and join over 700 runners to experience the 5K/10K course or the 1K Tiger Cub Run (Kid's Fun Run - Under 10 years of age). Enjoy raffles and giveaways while visiting the health and wellness fitness expo.
Race Day Schedule
5K/10K RUN/WALK START: 8:00 A.M. ONE START FOR BOTH RACES
TIGER CUB RUN (1K): 9:30 A.M. 1K Diamond at the Race Start.